Vehicleflex is a trading style of Bowater Price PLC who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Our permission number on the FCA register is 676823
We have been granted permission to use a number of regulatory permissions.
• Credit Brokerage
• Debt adjusting - This permission is limited to debt adjusting with no debt management
• Debt counselling - This permission is limited to counselling no debt management
Please note not all of our products are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority which is the independent watchdog that regulates financial services. The FCA establishes the standards of good practice as to how financial services operate. Its focus is to ensure that clients are fully informed and protected when using our services.
We will explain clearly at the outset whether any service level you enter into with us is regulated by the FCA or not.
Our principal place of business is – 6 Cornmarket High Wycombe Buckinghamshire HP11 2BW
You can be assured that we will keep all of your personal information private and confidential, except where disclosure is made at your request or with your consent or we are legally obliged to do so. Under the terms of the Data Protection Act, you have the right to view any personal data we may keep on you. Our Data protection registration number is Z6976229
• Bring to your attention how this firm uses your personal data it collects
• Provide you with a clear and simple method to cancel your consent for the processing of your personal data
• At your request disclose from where your personal data was obtained
• We agree to keep all personal information in a secure environment and will comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and any other applicable data protection legislation currently in force.
• If you wish to update or correct any inaccuracies in your personal information, or if you have any other comments or complaints in relation to this service agreement or the purchase order, please let us know by email to email@example.com
Our Values and Beliefs
• We will deliver information on our services in plain language, and offer help if there is any aspect you do not understand
• We will be open, honest and fair in all our business that we conduct with you
• We will respect and listen to your needs and circumstances
• We will strive to exceed your expectations and deliver excellent customer service at all times
• We will show pride and dedication in everything that we do and make decisions through expertise knowledge and good judgement
About Our Service
• We offer vehicle leasing, hire and hire purchase products from a selected panel of lenders. All our products are related to the leasing, hire or purchase of a vehicle. We will supply to you a list of our panel of lenders should you request us to do so
• We do not fund any credit contracts ourselves all credit applications are introduced to a third party lender
• After having assessed your needs and circumstances we will provide you with a recommendation service tailored to your needs
• We encourage you to ask us at any stage anything that is unclear and obtain independent legal advice if you still do not fully understand the credit arrangements – please note unless we are satisfied you fully understand the terms and conditions of the finance you are applying for we will be unable to make the introduction to the finance company, this is for your protection and ours
What we will do.
• Explain the key features of the regulated credit agreement to enable you make an informed choice
• Take reasonable steps to satisfy ourselves that a product we wish to recommend to you is not unsuitable for your needs and circumstances
• Advise you to read, and allow you sufficient opportunity to consider, the terms and conditions of a credit agreement before entering into it
• Before referring you to a third party which carries on regulated activities obtain your consent, after having explained to you why your details are to be disclosed to that third party
• Before effecting an introduction of you to a lender disclose (where applicable) the fact that the lender is linked to this firm by being a member of the same group as the firm
• Before effecting an introduction of you to a lender explain how, when and where you may exercise your cancellation rights
Fees and Charges
We will not charge you a fee for our services, we will be remunerated by the finance provider, and we will advise you of our remuneration fee should you ask us to do so.
Bowater Price PLC operates under a number of trading and brand names these are set out below.
VehicleFlex is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
VehicleFlex may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• name and job title
• contact information including email address
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers including social media details
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting if you have opted to receive it
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, mail or social media. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
If you proceed to apply to finance, please refer to our Fair Processing Notice on what data will be collected and how it will be handled https://www.vehicleflex.com/legal-info#Fairprocessingnotice
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Cookies are also utilised on social media sites such as, but not restricted to: YouTube, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn; newsletter sign-up and Google Analytics.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• you will only receive newsletters, useful information or marketing if you have opted to receive this by signing up, we will not automatically opt you into marketing
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by either unsubscribing on the e-mail or writing to or emailing us at enquiries@VehicleFlex.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Act 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Data Protection Manager, VehicleFlex, 6 Cornmarket, High Wycombe, HP11 2BW.
Data Protection Number - Z6976229
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Before we provide services, goods or financing to you and throughout the course of any agreement, the lenders undertake checks for the purposes of carrying out their obligations under this agreement. Exercising their rights under this agreement. Ensuring your continued creditworthiness, preventing fraud and money laundering and to verify your/others identity(ies). These checks require us to process your personal information and if you do not provide this information, we may not be able to offer you these services, goods or financing.
We use the personal information/data that we have collected from you, collected from other sources or we have generated about you, which may include your name, date of birth, residential address, address history, contact details (e.g. email address and telephone number), financial information, employment information, identifiers assigned to your computer or other internet connected device including your Internet Protocol (IP) address and vehicle details.
What we will do when you apply for finance:
We use your personal information in the following ways:
The Lender will use your personal information to search your records at credit reference agencies. If you are an owner, director or partner in a small business, we may also use your information to search your business' records. We will also perform checks on any proposed guarantor of your obligations under the proposed agreement using the information provided. So you must be sure you have your proposed guarantor's agreement to disclose their information. We use the following credit reference agencies: Equifax.
If you enter into an agreement via us, the Lender will give details of this agreement, the payments you make under it and any default or failure to keep to its terms, and any change of name or address, to credit reference agencies. Account information given to these agencies remains on our files for 6 years after the account is closed, whether settled by you or upon default. If you do not enter into an agreement with us, your information will be retained for 12 months.
If you enter into an agreement with us, we will keep a record of this agreement for 6 years after the account is closed. If you do not enter into an agreement with us, your information will be retained for 3 months.
We will also provide your information to fraud prevention agencies to prevent or detect fraud, money laundering, and to verify your identity. If you give us false or inaccurate information or we suspect or identify fraud, we will record this and may also pass this information to our Group Companies, fraud prevention agencies and other law enforcement agencies involved in fraud prevention to detect, investigate and prevent crime.
We may pass your information to our Group Companies, agents and others for the administration of your application or providing a service you have requested related to the proposed agreement. to any guarantor of your obligations under the proposed agreement, to other third parties when required or permitted by law, such as in relation to any legal proceedings or to investigate or prevent crime, or where you give your permission, or in the process of us transferring the proposed agreement or our business to another organisation. If any of these organisations are in other countries in the European Economic Area, they will have similar standards of data protection as in the UK. If any of these organisations are outside of the European Economic Area, your personal information may be transferred to, stored and processed in a country that is not regarded as ensuring an adequate level of protection for personal information under European Union law. We will make sure there are appropriate safeguards (such as contractual commitments) in accordance with applicable legal requirements to ensure that your information is adequately protected. For more information on, or to see a copy of, the appropriate safeguards in place please contact us using the contact details below.
We will use a scoring or other automated decision-making system to assess your application and to verify your identity. If the results indicate that your identity is not verifiable or that you pose a significant credit risk, we may not be able to provide you with financing. You have rights in relation to this automated decision-making. Please contact us using the contact details provided below.
Where we do not use your information on the basis of your consent or where it is required for compliance with a legal obligation, we use your information because it is in our legitimate interests to do so in order to manage our business efficiently and effectively, to avoid fraud and money laundering, to ensure we provide an appropriate service, to exercise our legal rights and to ensure our records are kept up to date. If we do collect your personal information by relying on your consent, you have the right to revoke your consent at any time.
Our Group Companies trade under the Vanflex, Vehicleflex, Bowaterprice and Midland Autolease Contracts brands.
What the credit reference agencies will do:
Whether or not your application for finance proceeds, credit reference agencies will place on your credit file a record of our search including the personal information you provide to us. This record of that search (but not our name) will be seen by other organisations when you apply for credit in the future. A large number of applications within a short period of time could affect your ability to obtain credit.
Whether or not your application for finance proceeds, the agencies will link your records and those of your financial associate(s), including any previous and subsequent names. A financial associate is a person with whom you have, or have had, joint personal financial arrangements such as joint accounts or have made joint credit applications. It may be a spouse or partner (not a business partner). These links will remain on your and their files until you or they successfully file for a disassociation at the credit reference agencies.
The agencies may supply to us credit information such as previous applications and the conduct of accounts in your name and of your financial associate(s) and any business accounts you have, public information such as County Court Judgments and bankruptcies and Electoral Register information, and fraud prevention information.
The agencies use this information to fulfil their legitimate business interests, by ensuring they provide an appropriate service to customers and ensuring that their records are kept up to date. The agencies will hold your information for six years.
What fraud prevention agencies will do:
Fraud prevention agencies will use the personal information you provide to us and information collected from other providers, to prevent fraud and money laundering and to verify your identity. They may also allow law enforcement agencies to access and use your personal information to detect, investigate and prevent crime or pass such information to law enforcement agencies. This is on the basis that we and they have a legitimate interest in preventing fraud and money laundering and to verify your identity, in order to protect our business and to comply with laws that apply to us. This processing is also a contractual requirement of the financing you have requested.
As part of the processing of your personal information, decisions may be made by automatic means. You may automatically be considered to pose a fraud or money laundering risk if this processing reveals your behaviour to be consistent with that of known fraudsters or money launderers, inconsistent with your previous submissions or if you appear to have hidden your true identity. You have rights in relation to this automated decision-making. Please contact the fraud prevention agencies for more information.
Fraud prevention agencies can hold your personal information for different periods of time, depending on how that data is being used.
If you are considered to pose a fraud or money laundering risk, your information can be held (and a record retained) by fraud prevention agencies for up to six years from its receipt. In this case, we may refuse to provide the financing and other services you have requested, or we may stop providing existing financing to you. Additionally, this may result in others refusing to provide services, financing or employment to you. Please use the contact details provided above if you would like more information about our practices.
If fraud prevention agencies transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area, they impose contractual obligations on the recipients of that data to protect your personal data to the standard required in the European Economic Area. They may also require the recipient to subscribe to 'international frameworks' intended to enable secure data sharing. For more information on, or to see a copy of, the appropriate safeguards in place please contact the fraud prevention agencies.
How we and others use the agency information about you:
Some information held by the credit reference and fraud prevention agencies will be disclosed to us and other organisations to, for example:
prevent fraud and money laundering by, for example, checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities;
checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance; checking details of job applications and employees;
verify your identity if you or your financial associate(s) applies for other facilities including all types of insurance applications and claims;
make decisions on credit, insurance and other facilities, about you, your financial associate(s), members of your household or your business;
trace your whereabouts and recover debts that you owe;
manage credit and credit related accounts and other facilities; and
undertake statistical analysis, training and system testing.
carry out customer surveys for internal research purposes only.
We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies. We and other organisations use this information in these ways as it is in our legitimate interests to ensure that we manage our business efficiently, avoid fraud and credit risk, provide appropriate products and services to our customers, and to ensure that our records are kept up to date.
The information held by these agencies may also be used for other purposes for which you give your specific permission or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under relevant data protection and privacy law.
If you want to receive details of the credit reference and/or fraud prevention agencies from whom we obtain and with whom we record information about you, please write to us at Alphabet Customer Information Services at the address below.
You have certain rights regarding your information. These include the rights to access your personal information; to rectify the information we hold about you; to erase your personal information; to restrict our use of your personal information; to object to our use of your personal information; to receive your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to you a third party (right to data portability). If you are unhappy about how your personal data has been used please refer to our complaints policy: https://www.vehicleflex.com/legal-info#Complaint You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office using its website: https://ico.org.uk/ which regulates the processing of personal data. If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, please contact our Data Protection Manager at Vehicleflex, 6 Cornmarket, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP11 2BW or email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01494 769360.
The 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website (Bowater Price PLC) whose registered office is GAINSBOROUGH HOUSE, SHEERING LOWER ROAD, SAWBRIDGEWORTH, CM21 9RG. Our company registration number is 03984449 registered in England and Wales. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Photos and videos are for illustration purposes only.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
• Who regulates us?
VehicleFlex is a trading name of Bowater Price PLC. The Financial Conduct Authority (hereafter FCA) is the independent regulator of financial services under which Bowater Price PLC is registered. Our permitted business is credit brokerage, debt administration, counselling and adjusting and general insurance. Our registration number is 676823. You can check this in the FCA’s Register by visiting their website https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_HomePage or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768 (From abroad: +44 20 7066 1000, Typetalk: 18001 0800 111 6768) or via email to email@example.com.
Consumer Credit services
• Whose Consumer Credit do we offer?
As a credit broker regulated and authorised by the FCA, we can introduce you to a select group of financial lenders who may be able to help you finance your vehicle via a contract based on the information that you have provided to us. You may request a list of these lenders and their Consumer Credit numbers at any time. As part of the process of obtaining finance for your vehicle we will need to pass your details on to one or more of our panel of lenders. Any organisation approached for credit will need to undertake credit searches with a credit reference agency which may affect your credit rating. These lenders provide a range of product types which may be suitable for your vehicle needs. We will explain the key features of those products to you, and are happy to answer any queries you may have regarding them.
• Which service will we provide you with?
Following guidance issued by the FCA, we will take steps to ensure that if we make a recommendation in the course of advising you it will be suitable for your demands and needs at the time. The recommendation will be based on the information you provide to us. In a separate document assessing your demands and needs we will ask for information about your personal circumstances and objectives which may be relevant in order to enable us to identify your requirements in a contract. It is very important that you provide us with accurate and relevant information so that we may deliver the best service we can.
• What will you have to pay us for our services?
We do not charge fees for our advice, recommendations or Consumer Credit contract services. However, we may receive a payment(s) or other benefits from finance providers should you decide to enter into an agreement with the finance provider. For further information on payments we may receive you must make a request in writing to the above address prior to the finance agreement going live. Some finance providers may charge an administration fee for setting up an agreement between you the customer and them.
• Can we give you independent financial advice?
No, we are not independent financial advisers and so are unable to provide you with independent financial advice.
VehicleFlex ensure that customers are at the very heart of all that we do. We are fully committed to providing the highest standards of client service and advice.
Our clients are our most valuable asset and our aim is to ensure we deliver a user friendly, robust, reliable and cost effective service. As a part of our overall approach we are fully committed to treating our clients fairly and as such we endeavour to meet their expectations of high quality service.
Our Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) policy is centred around the guidance provided by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to ensure we consistently deliver fair outcomes to our clients and take responsibility for the company and staff (at all levels) providing an enhanced service quality to clients, based on a culture of openness and transparency. As a company, we take the requirements of the FCA seriously, in particular, the requirement to treat customers (clients) fairly.
The FCA has outlined six key themes which are central to the TCF initiative:
1. Consumers should be confident that they are dealing with firms where treating customers fairly is embedded in the corporate culture
2. Services marketed and sold are done so with the aim that they meet the needs of client and are targeted accordingly
3. Consumers should be provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the service provision
4. Where advice is provided, it takes into account a client’s individual circumstances
5. The service provided is of an acceptable standard
6. Customers do not face unreasonable barriers to make a complaint
We have set out below how we aim to ensure these principles are embedded in our approach to dealing with our clients.
We ascertain the appropriateness of the requested service for all new clients prior to accepting an order, ensuring it is in line with their knowledge and experience.
We continually aim to understand the needs of our clients
We keep our clients fully informed in a clear and fair manner that is unambiguous and not misleading
We ensure our services are delivered with clarity and transparency and do not contain hidden conditions or rely on ambiguous definitions
We make certain our clients understand the risks associated with our services at the outset of an instruction
We work hard to ensure that service and risk information remains clear and prominent at all times
In the event that there is a conflict of interest, we will inform our clients as soon as possible once we become aware of it
Our priority is to provide our clients with an excellent service underpinned by quality and choice. We are committed to ensuring our employees and customers want to use our services, stay with us and recommend us to their families, friends and colleagues.
Our service is shaped by listening to our clients’ needs and understanding what is important to them. We take responsibility for meeting the needs of our clients and always look for ways to improve the quality of our service.
We aim to treat our clients fairly and deliver high quality services which meet their expectations throughout their relationship with us.
We recognise that our employees are critical to delivering a positive client experience and ensuring our customers are treated fairly. Our culture and values encourage and support our employees to deliver this.
All of our employees are fully trained in dealing with our clients, and in treating them fairly. We remunerate and incentivise our employees to encourage them to deal with all clients fairly, and to continually find ways to improve.
• What we will do if you complain?
If you have a complaint about us, you should let us know by writing to us at:
Customer Service Manager, VehicleFlex, 6 Cornmarket, High Wycombe, HP11 2BW or by telephoning us on 01494 769360
Most difficulties can be resolved at an early stage by talking informally with your Account Manager, at the earliest opportunity.
• What we will do if you complain?
Timescales for dealing with your complaint
If you send us your complaint in writing, we will write to you within five working days to let you know we have received it.
If you inform us of your complaint by telephone or in person we will write to you within five business days of you telling us. We will confirm in this letter the details of your complaint and ask that you write back to confirm to us that these details are correct.
If we cannot resolve your complaint within four weeks of receipt, we will write to update you about our investigation and to tell you when we will write to you informing you of our decision.
If we are unable to reach a decision sooner, we will contact you no later than eight weeks from the date we first received your complaint. We will then tell you what our final decision is or, if we have not been able to reach a resolution within this time we will give you details of the Financial Ombudsman Service which you can contact about your complaint.
• How we will deal with your complaint
When we write to advise you we have received your complaint, we will tell you in that letter the name and job title of the person who is dealing with your complaint. If you have any queries while we are dealing with your complaint, you should contact the person named in that letter.
We will deal with your complaint as quickly as we can. If we have to make a lot of enquiries to investigate your complaint, it may take us longer to reach a decision. It is possible that as part of our investigations we may need to ask you for more information.
While we investigate your complaint we will keep you informed and you will not have to wait any longer than eight weeks to hear the outcome of our review.
• How we will reach our decision
When investigating your complaint, we will always take account of what you tell us. We will reach our final decision based on the outcome of our investigations and what you have told us.
We will assess complaints according to the law and the principles and guidance produced by our regulators – The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) – the Office of Fair Trading.
• Telling you about decision
If we can’t reach a decision within eight weeks of receiving your complaint, we will write to you to explain the outcome of our investigation and what we propose to do about it. If we decide your complaint is unfounded, our letter will explain why.
• What if you are not happy with our final decision?
If you disagree with our decision you should contact us. Alternatively, if you cannot settle your complaint with us, you may want to refer the complaint to the BVRLA Conciliation Service by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org We will cooperate fully with the BVRLA.
Alternatively, you can contact the Financial Ombudsman Service with your comments. You can also contact the Financial Ombudsman Service if you have not received a response from us within eight weeks from the date of your complaint.
If we do change our decision, our letter will tell you what our revised decision is and how and why we reached it.
Should you remain dissatisfied you have the right to ask the Financial Ombudsman Service to review your case. We will cooperate fully with the Financial Ombudsman.
You should telephone on 0800 023 4567 or write to:
Financial Ombudsman Service
Or email Complaint.email@example.com.
Consumer credit is not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)